dimanche 17 octobre 2010

How Many Shirts?! -- Julie

Translate this page by pasting the blog url into this site.

I find myself less and less interested in scrapping events and more and more interested in telling the little every day stories. You know, the stories that seem silly and boring and have no photos, or sad little low quality pics?  Yeah, I love those.  Those are the things that make up a life, aren't they?  I used papers from the Tempor'Elles collection for this every day layout:

HowManyShirts-sm
A silly iphone photo of my husband in the elevator with a million shirts.  But the ritual of taking shirts to the cleaners is definitely part of our lives.  And now it's all recorded for posterity, right?  So let's take a peek at the details of the layout:

HowManyShirtsDetail1-sm
Patterned paper scraps and masking tape, all covered in a thin coat of gesso.

HowManyShirtsDetail2-sm
This is defintely a throw back for me.  For about a year every single layout I did used these vinyl stickers.  I'm getting back into them in a major way!

HowManyShirtsDetail3-sm
Hand cut paper scallops are becoming a crutch for me!  They seem to end up on every single layout!  But I just can't stop!

HowManyShirtsDetail4-sm
I painted the journaling spot and then cut it out and fed it into the typewriter.

Have a wonderful day!

1 commentaire:

  1. i love this layout, this layering of the scallop pieces, gesso, masking tape... cute!

    RépondreSupprimer

Merci pour vos commentaires qui motivent les filles de la DT à partager plein de choses!