mardi 7 décembre 2010

Christmas shopping - Birgit


Bonjour!

After the Christmas Inspiration post yesterday I thought I keep you all in the Christmas mood :)

The picture on this LO was made while Christmas shopping in Bremen last year. I love how the windows of the shops look the weeks before Christmas. All so stylish decorated, the products looking so nice and wonderful you want to put them all on your wishlist whether you need them or not... :)

Windows like this can be so inspirational. Just look at the color combinations, the materials used or the theme of the window and you have a great starting point for a LO. Of course you don't need to use the actual picture of the window on your LO! You can use it like you use a sketch or a color palette and use any picture with it you like. I thought it was fun though to make a LO about this subject since I love to go Christmas shopping in a foreign city, be in the Christmas atmosphere and getting inspired and in the right mood!


To make the balls in the Christmas tree I punched out a lot of circles with a circle punch and adhered them on my LO using double sided foam squares. Then I wrapped a piece of thread around the foam squares and tied the thread together on the top of the circle.

I repeated the use of thread by wrapping it around the bigger circles, that were also adhered with foam squares. I also cross stitched at the top of the LO. First I made a row of little holes using a crop-a-dile and then slipped the thread through, going from the left to the right using every second hole and then backwards using the left over holes to make the crosses.

To finish it off, I added some bling using crystals and pearls to glam up the tree.
After all, Christmas deserves some sparkle, right?!!
Materials used: L'hiver en fêtes..., Ma maison an automne, Le coeur a ses raisons...

Hope this inspires you a little, either to scrap,
or to start getting out your Christmas decorations
and make your home beautiful and cosy!!

Happy scrapping!
Smiles,
Birgit

11 commentaires:

Merci pour vos commentaires qui motivent les filles de la DT à partager plein de choses!